Monday, January 25, 2010

The region of Copan is famous for its beautiful ruins.It has one of the best preserved and biggest Maya temples in the world. It is truly impressive. Copan Ruins are located in the western part of the Republic of Honduras, Central America. The capital of this Department is the city of Santa Rosa de Copan, formerly known as "Los Llanos". Copan is the archeological city located south of the whole geographic area, and it is where the great Mayan Civilization developed and flourished.


I have been to Copan a few times and when you stand in the middle of the ruins your in... Awe!!!!
The ruins are full of wonder and mystery and a feeling that can not be explained! I know that I studied them for such a long time before I actually walked on the earth there.
Cities are built on top cities to honor every new king, carvings that tell their life story like a book that tells ours! The experience was truly an AMAZING one that I will never forget!!!! May 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment