Monday, January 25, 2010













Mayan Pyramid of Kukulkan at Chichen Itza, in Mexico
Chichen Itza and numerous other important Maya temple-cities were positioned according to a regional sacred geography.The Maya practiced sacred geography on a large regional scale by the placement of their temple-cities at specific sites that mirrored the positions of various celestial objects observed in the night sky. The Maya developed a brilliant mathematical system, the only true writing system known in the Americas, and a series of three precise and interrelating calendars.

It was here that I was a the top of the world!!! The altitude so high you could see the whole city!
The people and the culture was of another time and place!! I loved it here and hope to visit again soon.
While I was standing at the top of this PYRAMID I was pregnant with Alex (my Oldest son) and I did not know it!! April 1994
I swear it had so much to do with why he is here with me now!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment